University of Jammu with the aim to expand its dimensions and to take higher education to the doorsteps of the disadvantaged and hither to excluded section of the society living in the remote areas of the state established offsite campuses at various places like Udhampur, Bhaderwah, Kathua, Ramnagar, Kishtwar and Poonch.
The Kathua Campus, University of Jammu has been functioning in the District Kathua, since 2006 with the objective of getting the higher education to deserving students of the rural and far-flung areas of the State.The Kathua Campus, University of Jammu started functioning in 2006 from Rajiv Gandhi College, with the launch of MBA programme with an intake capacity of 20 students, later increased to 30 in 2015 whereas the MCA programme started functioning in the year 2012. The Campus was shifted to the rented premises at Kalibari, Kathua in 2012.
Recently in July 2018, we have shifted to Academic Block (G plus 3) in present Campus. Also, separate hostels for boys and girls (80% completed) is underway in this 362 Kanals of land and are expected to be completed very shortly, when work restarts. All the buildings are environment friendly and equipped with modern facilities. Kathua Campus is fast emerging as the technical Campus of the University of Jammu. Till now, MBA and MCA programmes were being offered at the Campus. Ministry of HRD has sanctioned the University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET) at Kathua Campus under Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) for augmenting quality and technical education and research, where Engineering Programmes are being offered. Kathua Campus is working with technological focus, futuristic outlook and social sensitivity.
COURSES OFFERED AND INTAKE CAPACITY
• Two years full- time course.
• Started in year 2006.
• Intake capacity (2006) 20.
• Intake capacity (2015 onwards) 30.
• Centralized Admission Process handled by The Business School.
• Eligibility – Graduation 50% with valid CAT/ MAT Score.
• Three Years Full time course.
• Started in year 2012.
• Intake Capacity 21.
• Admissions done through Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET) conducted by the Main Campus.
• Four years full- time course.
• Started in year 2017.
• Intake Capacity B. Tech (Civil– and Computer Sc.) 60 each.
• Admission Process handled by The Admission Committee of UIET.
• Eligibility – JEE Mains Score and JKCET score (If seats remain vacant).